Lilly Pad

Lilly Pad

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superstitious or Realizing that there are Patterns in My Life?

I've recently realized that I am somewhat superstitious. I've come to accept the fact that bad things will happen to me at certain times.

Example 1: January

Every bad thing that happens to me happens in January. Every other year it is a personal thing, and every other year it is something to do with work.

2007: My para went ballistic on me.
2008: My boyfriend broke up with me.
2009:I had a parent raise all heck for me.
2010: I got Diabetes.

Example 2: Odd and Even Birthdays

Every age that is odd, I have a good birthday. Every age that ends with an even number is a good birthday.

I've blocked most of these experiences, but one I remember this year when I turned 28, I got into an accident with my new yellow truck. Case closed.

Some may say these things are superstitious, but I feel like I'm just calling it like I see it.

2 comments:

John and Sarah said...

Hey, I don't think you're superstitious. My mom always complains about how everything always breaks down in the fall. I don't necessarily have a specific time of the year that everything goes wrong, but I'm afraid to ever say outloud that things are good, because then something always goes wrong. I'm starting to think I have a cryptonite power. If I think about something, it happens, and it's usually not good.

John and Sarah said...

So here's an example of my power. I've been complaining about having to wash bedding all the time and then my daughter pees on my bed. The next morning my son pukes on it and I realize he threw up in his bed. I finally got the bedding washed yesterday and Zora gets sick. While she's down for a nap, I am writing to my husband to tell him that Zora threw up and immediately I hear her puking in bed again. How is it possible that she's been sleeping for an hour and as soon as I think about it, she's repeating everything. Ugh!

Time Square

Time Square